Legrand, a leading specialist in electrical and digital construction infrastructures, today unveiled its new advancement in fiber, the Infinium acclAIM fiber solution, at the BICSI autumn conference and exhibition, stand number no. 6228. Legrand’s new AccIAIM fiber solution redefines fiber connectivity by replacing pre-finished cassette-based solutions with direct connections to provide the lowest insertion loss available on the market.
Cloud and hyperscale network administrators need better scalability and higher density, now that it happens with the implementation of the new generation of 2 fiber connectors. However, in upgrading fiber systems, they also face challenges such as optical loss, polarity, design / deployment headaches, delivery, and high costs associated with cassette use. The acclAIM fiber solution greatly reduces or eliminates many of these challenges by leveraging unique innovations such as:
- Almost infinite scalability to promote unlimited migration paths.
- Link configuration options such as standard, matrix, convergent, distribution, or mixed.
- Multiple multimedia interfaces such as 10 GBASE, 25 GBASE, 40 GBASE, 100 GBASE, 400 GBASE and beyond.
- Polarity defined by the application, which allows you to adapt the polarity to any configuration of links, previously planned, in situ or on the fly.
- Direct pairing burst that allows you to connect acclAIM connectors directly to a series of dual fiber patch cords.
- No gender considerations, just direct connections.
- Flexible density beyond ultra high densities.
“The accIAIM fiber solution is ideal for any computer center that has problems with increasing network speed, compressed optical budgets, or that faces the challenges associated with cassettes.” dit Kristen Poulos, General Manager, Legrand Data Infrastructure. “The fiber solution was not built to address this current data center upgrade cycle rather, to provide much longer value. Due to its large migration capacity, acclAIM enables sustainability through drastically longer life cycles to provide a constructive asset over the coming decades “.